Aims and Values
The Art Department is committed to providing a broad, balanced and inclusive approach to Art and Design. Our aims are to enable our students to:-
- Celebrate their creativity and self-expression.
- Develop enquiring minds about images and artefacts which are part of historical and contemporary society.
- Collect and organise visual information for a variety of purposes using sketchbooks effectively.
- Develop a range of practical skills in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, 3-D, Photography, Animation and Graphic Design.
- Explore and experiment with ideas and materials in a safe and supportive environment.
- Gain confidence in their ability to make informed choices and to adapt and refine their work as it progresses.
- Express opinions on and critically evaluate their own work.
- Express opinions and ideas about the world around them and to understand the role of Art in society and how it is used to inform and shape environments.
- Appreciate other cultures’ values and beliefs.
- Have fun!
Travel Photography Competition 2015
The student winner of the 2015 Travel Photography Competition was Julia Huntingford in Year 11 from GH with her photo "Italy".
The Staff winner was Mrs Sally Twiss with her photo "Budapest."
There were many entries showing inspiring skill and creativity in composition and lighting. Congratulations to all who took part.
Why Study A Level Art?
See why here: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2200-W-SG.PDF