Ted Crowe Room
[ See below: 2015 Fixtures at Taunton ]
Visiting the Ted Crowe Room at Somerset CCC in Taunton
Download: Ted Crowe Room Reply Form, 2017 (PDF)
The Old Blundellian Cricket Club is extraordinarily fortunate to have its own permanent corporate box at the County Cricket Ground at Taunton. This is called the Ted Crowe Room and is located on the top floor of the Ondaatje Pavilion. The Room is a magnificent place from which to watch cricket, and it also houses an extensive collection of cricket books and memorabilia.
Membership of the Ted Crowe Room remains open to all members of the Old Blundellian Club and, by invitation, to others. OB’s wishing to become members for the 2017 season should complete and return the Membership Application Form with the appropriate remittance. Then, when they propose to visit the Ted Crowe Room to watch cricket, they must “book in” with the Room Coordinator, David Dibb, in advance - one week in advance if food is required. Contact David preferably by email on email@example.com, or by phone on 07747 727576.
The Room is normally open on all days during the Summer when Somerset CCC is playing a home game. There are nearly 50 days’ cricket at Taunton but there will be a few popular dates when we are oversubscribed, so booking will always be on a first-come-first-served basis. At the time of booking, please advise if you wish to have lunch/tea (see below). Please note that if you book in and then fail to turn up, you will be invoiced for the catering charges that the OBCC will incur.
The daily catering charge for 2017 in the Ted Crowe Room is again £25.00 per head. This includes morning coffee and afternoon tea (a cup of tea and a slice of cake). Other drinks are to be purchased from the Room Steward.
When visiting the County Ground at Taunton to watch cricket, Room Members are reminded that they must either be members of Somerset CCC or pay the daily ground admission charge at the gate. To obtain membership, telephone the Club Office on 0845 337 1875 or apply on-line at www.somersetcountycc.co.uk.
With the benefit of the new pavilion Somerset do not require the Box for any T20 games so they will all be available to members to book in the normal way.
We try and keep the etiquette in the Ted Crowe Room as relaxed as possible but members are asked to observe the following points.
- On arrival in the Room, please identify yourself and any guests to the Room Steward;
- There is a Guest Fee of £5 per head payable by the host.
- Please note that most County Championship matches now start on a Friday.
- Catering charges will again be £25.00 per head per day. In 2017, most of the County Championship matches start on a Sunday, and the “lunch days” will usually be the Monday and Tuesday (Days 2 and 3). If you visit the Room on those days and do not book lunch, the Committee asks that you do not bring your own lunch and eat it in the Room or on the balcony. If you do not book lunch, please do not then help yourself to the food! If you book lunch and then do not attend, you will be invoiced for the cost.
- On days when there is no Room catering, a small charge will be made for coffee/tea.
- If you bring children with you, please ensure that they behave appropriately and are supervised where necessary.
- The lift in the ground floor vestibule up to the Room is operated by a key system. The Room Steward holds a key. Please give notice in advance if you need to use the lift and we will be pleased to assist.
- The dress code in the Room is smart casual at County Championship and London Life 50 overs matches. The dress code is relaxed for T20 games.
- Visitors to the ground may, upon payment of a daily charge to the gateman, use the general car park by the St James’s Street gate. This is on a first-come-first-served basis and is full quite early on match days.
|Sun 19 Mar||3||Somerset||Gloucestershire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||Friendly|
|Wed 22 Mar||1||Somerset||Gloucestershire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||Friendly|
|Thu 23 Mar||2||Somerset||Glamorgan||The Cooper Associates County Ground||Friendly|
|Thu 30 Mar||2||Somerset||Worcestershire||Taunton Vale||Friendly|
|Sun 2 Apr||3||Somerset||Lancashire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||Friendly|
|Fri 7 Apr||3||Somerset||Oxford MCCU||The Cooper Associates County Ground||UNI|
|Fri 14 Apr||4||Somerset||Essex||The Cooper Associates County Ground||CC 1|
|Fri 28 Apr||1||Somerset||Surrey||The Cooper Associates County Ground||50L|
|Tue 02 May||1||Somerset||Kent||The Cooper Associates County Ground||50L|
|Wed 10 May||1||Somerset||Hampshire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||50L|
|Sun 14 May||1||Somerset||Essex||The Cooper Associates County Ground||50L|
|Fri, 19 May||4||Somerset||Warwickshire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||CC 1|
|Fri 26 May||4||Somerset||Hampshire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||CC 1|
|Fri 09 Jun||4||Somerset||Yorkshire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||CC 1|
|Fri 23 Jun||1||England||South Africa||The Cooper Associates County Ground||IT20|
|Fri 21 Jul||1||Somerset||Gloucestershire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||T20|
|Sun 23 Jul||1||Somerset||Middlesex||The Cooper Associates County Ground||T20|
|Wed 26 Jul||1||Somerset||Hampshire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||T20|
|Sun 30 Jul||1||Somerset||Sussex||The Cooper Associates County Ground||T20|
|Sun 06 Aug||1||Somerset||Surrey||The Cooper Associates County Ground||T20|
|Mon 07 Aug||4||Somerset||Surrey||The Cooper Associates County Ground||CC 1|
|Sat 12 Aug||1||Somerset||Kent||The Cooper Associates County Ground||T20|
|Sun 13 Aug||1||Somerset||Glamorgan||The Cooper Associates County Ground||T20|
|Tue 12 Sept||4||Somerset||Lancashire||The Cooper Associates County Ground||CC 1|
|Mon 25 Sept||4||Somerset||Middlesex||The Cooper Associates County Ground||CC 1|
|LV=CC||LV= County Championship|
|50L||Royal London One Day Cup (50 overs)|
|T20||NatWest T20 Blast|
|TOM 3||Tourist Match, 3 Days|
|WODI||Women’s One Day International|