Music at Blundell's Prep is an integral part of school life. A specialist teacher teaches this subject from Nursery to Year 6 within the curriculum. Eleven peripatetic teachers visit to teach a wide variety of instruments. These include piano, violin, cello, flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, guitar, drums and singing. All the children sing every week and are encouraged to join our thriving choirs.
Aims of the music department
- For all children to enjoy their music-making, and that all should be encouraged to participate vocally and instrumentally.
- To give children the skills to continue their enjoyment of music in later life.
- To assist each child to develop a positive self-image and self-confidence, and to develop a sensitive response to sound and music.
- To offer children the opportunity to perform to a variety of audiences.
- Percussion - Drums, Piano
- Woodwind - Clarinet, Saxophone, Flute, (Oboe and Bassoon)
- Brass - Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone
- Strings - Violin, Cello, Guitar
- Voice - Singing, Speech and Drama
- Choral Choir
- Popular Choir
- Let's Sing - a singing group for Reception, Year 1 & Year 2
- String Group
- Guitar Ensemble
- Brass Group
- Wind Group
- Percussion Group
- Recorder Group
- Music Practice