The children are offered opportunities to experiment with a variety of media and work at a range of scales. They have benefitted from the experience of working with visiting artists as well as having regular opportunities to draw from real life.
Aims of the Art department
- Develop enquiring minds about images and artefacts which are part of historical and contemporary society
- Collect and organise visual information for a variety of purposes
- Express opinions on, and evaluate, their own work and that of others, from a variety of times and places
- Develop a range of practical skills in wet and dry malleable rigid materials
- Explore, take risks and experiment with materials.
- Gain confidence in their ability to make informed choices and to adapt and refine their work as it progresses
- Express opinions and ideas about the world around them and to understand the role of art in society and how it is used to inform and shape environments
- Explore other people’s values and beliefs